DEPARTMENT: Children’s Ministry
DATE: Immediate + training prior to start date + 90 day probationary period
HOURS WORKED: 3-4 hours on Sundays (Must be available to work on Sundays)
- Providing a safe, fun, gospel-centered environment for children ages 4 years old & under during worship service on Sunday mornings. Physical activity required including playing with children on the floor, picking up children, changing diapers, taking children to the bathroom, and helping teach when needed.
- Must be available to work on Sundays from 8:15 AM to 1:00 PM (This time will change to 9:15 am to 12:15 pm beginning on September 10th)
- Arrive on time each Sunday
- In light of COVID, it is highly recommended to vaccinated against COVID-19
- Attend mandatory training sessions each year to review policies & procedures. This is to help build community so that as a staff we can continue to serve Redeemer East Side Kids safely and effectively.
- Must be flexible and willing to serve in different classrooms as needed.
- Give at least 2 weeks notice prior to being absent. If ill, please notify the Early Education Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Permitted 4 vacation days for the ministry year
- Work on Easter plus at least one Sunday during the winter holidays (around Christmas/New Year's).
- Work on Lessons and Carols Sunday (typically the third Sunday in December)
- A commitment to serve 1 year from start date.
- Heart for God, families and children.
- Must be able to lead and take charge of the classroom; level-headed when the classroom environment is stressful with children who are upset.
- Must be able to talk with parents and lead volunteers in the classroom.
- Must be a team player and have character qualities such as integrity, wisdom and good judgment.
- Warm and engaging personality that is welcoming to parents and children, especially those children who may have difficulty separating from their parents
- Must pass Redeemer background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Redeemer family of churches and ministries exist to help build a great city for all people through a movement of the gospel that brings personal conversion, community formation, social justice, and cultural renewal to New York City and, through it, the world.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)