DEPARTMENT: Children’s Ministry
DATE: Immediate + training prior to start date + 90 day probationary period
HOURS WORKED: 3-4 hours on Sundays (Must be available to work on Sundays)
Redeemer East Side Children's Ministry is seeking a Nursery and Preschool Curriculum Leader
to lead weekly worship and interactive Bible studies for our children ages infant to 4 years old.
We are seeking candidates who have a foundational relationship with Christ, have experience
with performance, and love interacting with preschoolers, toddlers and infants. Hours are from
9:15 am to 12:15 pm each Sunday, plus an additional 2 hours for prep time.
- Must be available to work on Sundays from 9:15 am to 12:15 pm
- Arrive on time each Sunday
- In light of COVID, it is highly recommended to vaccinated against COVID-19
- Attend mandatory training sessions each year to review policies & procedures. This is to help
build community so that as a staff we can continue to serve Redeemer East Side Kids safely
- Must be flexible and willing to serve in different classrooms if needed.
- Give at least 2 weeks notice prior to being absent. If ill, please notify the Early Education
Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Permitted 4 vacation days for the ministry year
- Work on Easter plus at least one Sunday during the winter holidays (around
- Work on Lessons and Carols Sunday (typically the third Sunday in December)
- A commitment to serve 1 year from start date.
- Heart for God, families and children.
- Must be able to remain level-headed when the classroom environment is stressful with
children who are upset.
- Must be a team player and have character qualities such as integrity, wisdom and good
- Warm and engaging personality that is welcoming to all parents and children
- Must pass Redeemer background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Redeemer family of churches and ministries exist to help build a great city for all people through a movement of the gospel that brings personal conversion, community formation, social justice, and cultural renewal to New York City and, through it, the world.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)